Facility Need Review (FNR) is a process that specific provider types must complete prior to applying for initial licensure in the state of Louisiana.
Facility Need Review (FNR) - a review conducted for nursing facility beds (including skilled beds, IC-I and IC-II beds), intermediate care facility for the developmentally disabled beds, Home and Community Based Services (Supervised Independent Living, Personal Care Attendant Services and Respite), Adult Day Health Care facilities and Adult Residential Care units, and Behavioral Health Service providers (CPST and/or PSR) to determine whether there is a need for additional beds and/or providers to be licensed and/or to be enrolled to participate in the Medicaid Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Checking the Status of your FNR Application
- Facility Need Review Rule (LAC 48: 1 Chapter 125)- Please read the Facility Need Review Rule for more information about the following:
- Initial Application
- Change of Ownership (CHOW)
- Change of Location:
- A Provider udergoing a change of location within the same licensed service area shall submit a written, signed attestation of the change of location with the license number,state ID, old address, and new address. E-mail the signed, written attestation to: HSSFNRProgram@la.gov
- A Provider undergoing a change of location outside of the licensed service area shall submit a new FNR application, documentation and appropriate fee and undergo the FNR approval process.
- Supplemental Information Review- Within 30 days of receipt of the notice of denial of FNR approval, and prior to filing an administrative appeal, to request a supplemental review you can email your request to HSSFNRProgram@la.gov
- Administrative Appeals
- FNR Fee:
- The $200 fee is non-refundable.
- The check or money order must be accompanied by HSS Payment Transmittal form that is found on the HSS Payment Procedure website.
- Make payment out to: LDH (Louisiana Department of Health)
- Mail payment to: LDH Licensing Fee, P.O. Box 62949, New Orleans, LA 70162-2949.
- FNR Applicants who prefer to send express mail must do so by using either US Postal Services Priority Mail® or Priority Mail Express®.
- FNR Application and Documentation
- Mail your application and documentation to: Health Standards Section, P.O. Box 3767, Baton Rouge, LA 70821.
- Documentation to submit: Refer to the Facility Need Review Rule (LAC 48: 1 Chapter 125)
- Provider types listed below must apply for and receive FNR approval before submitting an application for initial licensure to Health Standards Section:
- ADHC- Adult Day Health Care
- ARCP- Adult Residential Care Provider
- *ICF/DD - Intermediate Care Facilities/Developmentally Delayed- currently under moratorium
- *Nursing Facilities- currently under moratorium
- HCBS- Home and Community Based Services
- HCBS FNR Application for HCBS that provide any of the following service modules:
a. PCA - Personal Care Attendant
b. SIL - Supervised Independent Living
c. Respite Care
d. MIHC - Monitored In-Home Caregiving
- HCBS website
- PDHC- Pediatric Day Health Care
- BHSP- Behavioral Health Service Providers
- BHSP FNR Application- Please note the effective date of February 20, 2018, all new applicants and those with incomplete applications will be subject to the FNR process.
Please contact Dasiny Davis at 225-342-0454 HSSFNRProgram@la.gov if you have any other questions regarding the FNR process.
Website last updated: May 03, 2019