Online Tracking Incident System (OTIS)
OTIS and SIMS are web-based applications for OCDD. They provide all licensed entities involved in OCDD Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) an online method for submitting state and federally required reports of alleged neglect, abuse, injuries of unknown origin, misappropriation of client property and critical incidents. If you are not reporting to OCDD, select the appropriate agency below to access their informational page for reporting critical incidents.
July 2019 UPDATE-
The Louisiana Department of Health phased out the OTIS system for active reporting of critical incidents on July 8, 2019. Any pending incident cases in OTIS will remain accessible for at least 90 days in order for final resolution and closure to be accomplished. No critical incidents that were opened in OTIS will transfer to SIMS. No new OTIS user accounts will be granted after July 8, 2019.
Statewide Incident Management System (SIMS)
Effective July 8, 2019, SIMS is the web-based critical incident reporting application for OCDD. Louisiana Department of Health Medicaid office makes SIMS available to Human Services District and Authority Developmental Disability offices, licensed waiver PCA/PCS providers, and Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) support coordinators for submitting state and federally required reports of alleged neglect, abuse, injuries of unknown origin, misappropriation of client property and critical incidents defined in OCDD Operational Instruction #F-5 - Licensed respite providers, day habilitation centers and vocational programs will not enter incidents into SIMS, but will continue to submit paper report critical incidents to the participants' support coordinators to be entered into SIMS. Participants using HCBS waiver self-direction will be responsible for reporting critical incdients to their support coordinators.
For more information about SIMS, click here: https://ldh.la.gov/sims
For SIMS Training Manual, please click here: SIMS User Manual
For SIMS Training Video, please click here: Wellsky Tutorials Playlist
For SIMS Computer Configuration Requirements, please click here: Wellsky Computer Requirements
Security and Password Assignment
Security built into SIMS allows access to only those authorized to access the system. Each person that enters incidents into OTIS must have a unique username and password (credentials). It is a violation of HIPAA policy to login to SIMS using another person's credentials. Only one password will be issued for each credentialed SIMS user. It is the responsibility of each licensed agency to immediately notify the LDH Office of Technology Supports (OTS) of all separated employees who were credentialed in SIMS. Contact OTS at OTSSupport@la.gov to create a help ticket.
OTIS/SIMS Password Rules
- Passwords will expire every 180 days.
- New password must be six characters including one numeric character. (No special characters such as *, &, /, #, etc.)
- Cannot reuse last 3 passwords
- User will be locked out after 3 incorrect attempts to login.
- Accounts will be automatically disabled after 180 days of inactivity.
Live OTIS Case Site (For access to incidents entered prior to July 8, 2019)
Authorized Users Only: Log into OTIS (Live site - all incidents are actual cases. Do not enter practice cases)
Authorized Users Only: Log into OTIS Live Site- all incidents
Authorized Users Only: Support Coordination Case Lists (For SC Agencies serving OCDD Waiver cases)
Authorized Users Only: Waiver List Cases (For Human Services Authorities/Districts and OCDD)
Additional Information/ Links
OCDD Critical Incident Report Form (To be used to document a critical incident in the field. Direct Service Provider agency employees: send to agency home office. Self-direction direct service workers: send to support coordinator.)
OCDD Critical Incident Report for Waiver Services (Operational Instruction # F- 5)
OCDD Critical Incident special Operation Instructions OTIS User/Training Manuals
Reporting Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation or Complaints
Physical, sexual or psychological abuse, financial exploitation, or neglect/abandonment of an OCDD program participant must be reported, whether the incident involves a participant in OCDD Home and Community-based services or in a licensed ICF/IDD facility.
- To report abuse, neglect or exploitation of a child (age infant to 17), contact the Louisiana Department of Children & Family Services at 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437).
- To report abuse, neglect or exploitation of an adult (age 18-59), please contact the LDH Office of Aging and Adult Services Adult Protective Services program at 1-800-898-4910.
- To report abuse, neglect or exploitation of an adult age 60 or older, contact the Governor's Office of Elderly Affairs/Elderly Protective Services at 1-833-577-6532.
- Nursing home and privately owned intermediate care facilities for individuals with developmental disabilities (ICF/DD) providers, please report allegations of abuse or neglect to Health Standards Section at 1-877-343-5179.
- To file a complaint, concern or dissatisfaction involving services administered by OCDD or its contracted entities, call, write or otherwise communicate to the local human services authority or district. or call 225.342.0095
- OCDD Complaint Policy