Emergency Medical Services (EMS) License Renewal
A renewal letter will be mailed to the provider from Health Standards Section approximately 75 days in advance of the license expiration date. Once all requirements have been met, a new license will be mailed to the provider on the 20th or 21st of the month before the current license expires.
Items that shall be submitted to Health Standards Section for a license renewal:
- License Renewal Application
- List of all drivers and certified personnel (EMT, RN/LPN) and license or registry number.
- List of all ambulance stations: include complete geographical address.
- List of all vehicles: Ambulances and Sprint Vehicles include VIN, make, year model, type, GVW, license plate number, unit (fender) number, and mileage.
- Certificates of Insurance: Medical Malpractice, Automobile Liability, General Liability. We do not accept Louisiana Automobile Insurance Identification Cards.
- License renewal of $100.00 plus $75.00 per vehicle. The Payment Procedure has changed please follow the link for instructions.
- If there have been any changes in protocols since last renewal, send an electronic copy of current medical protocols with each page signed by the medical director and accompanied by a cover letter from the appropriate parish or component medical society/societies for use in the service area.
- If there have been chanes since last renewal, send an electronic copy of current standard operating procedures.
(The electronic copies may be submitted on a CD, memory stick (jump drive) or e-mail file.)
The following forms will help you prepare for an inspection:
- Minimum Equipment and Supply Needs Checklist
- Vehicle Maintenaince Checklist