Medical Care and Assistance
- Partners for Healthy Babies
Connects women and their families to health and pregnancy resources, services and information www.partnersforhealthybabies.org .
24/7 Helpline 1-800-251-BABY(2229)
- Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals, Office of Public Health, Parish Health Units
Parish Health Units provide a wide range of health services including but not limited to:
To find a local parish health unit click here.
- Pregnancy testing
- WIC services
- Family planning
- Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals, Office of Public Health
WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) is a special supplemental food program. WIC provides:
- Nutritious foods
- nutrition information
- breastfeeding promotion
- breastfeeding support and
- referrals to other health and social services.
To find a local WIC site click here.