Behavioral Health Standardized Basic Training Modules for Unlicensed Providers
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) has developed standardized basic training modules for unlicensed providers and direct care staff as an introduction to the key concepts they must be familiar with and competencies they must demonstrate prior to rendering specialized behavioral health services to members of Healthy Louisiana and the Coordinated System of Care (CSoC).
- Mental Health 101: Introduction to Serious Mental Illness and Emotional Behavioral Health Disorders
- Crisis Intervention
- Suicide and Homicide Precautions
- System of Care Overview
- Co-Occurring Disorders - Trainees clicking on this module will need to click the icon at the top of the page to initiate the slideshow and hear the content.
- Cultural Linguistic Competency
- Treatment Planning
It is important that providers complete attestation forms acknowledging completion of these trainings to receive credit for the training requirement. Please complete and sign the attestation forms for the plans with whom your agency contracts and submit them following the directions provided on the forms. Documentation of completion should be maintained in staff personnel files for audit and site visit purposes.
Attestation Form for Healthy Louisiana Plans:
- Aetna Better Health of Louisiana
- Amerihealth Caritas Louisiana
- Amerigroup Louisiana
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- United Healthcare
Attestation Form for Coordinated System of Care (CSoC)