Crisis Response Services for LDH Employees
In response to tragic events that occur in our community, the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) will coordinate efforts to address the trauma that LDH employees may experience as a result. As part of this effort, teams from the Office of Behavioral Health will be available to provide supportive services to LDH employees.
Trained OBH teams offer information and resources that address challenges employees may face following these incidents. For additional information, please contact Garcia Bodley, OBH Emergency Preparedness Operations (225) 342-2540 or email at Garcia.Bodley@la.gov.
To access services:
- For LDH employees needing support during a time of crisis, call the Office of Behavioral Health Crisis line at 1-866-310-7977.
- For other local public behavioral health services, please contact your regional human service district or authority found here: http://www.ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/directory/category/321 .
Links to available resources:
- Community Violence: Reactions & Actions in Dangerous Times
- Coping with Grief after Community Violence
- Coping with Stress After a Traumatic Event
- Explaining the news to kids
- How to Talk with Children About Difficult News & Tragedies
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network Center: Catastrophic Mass Violence Resources
- Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event: Tips for Talking Guide for Parents, Caregivers, and Teachers